Does this sound familiar?
- Are your supervisors making promises they never keep?
- Do they keep telling you you’ll get a raise, but never tell you when it will come?
- Do you work hard, but still get disrespected by management?
- Does your job make you unnecessarily stressed, like you always have to watch your back?
- Do they keep chipping away at the job perks you’ve always had?
Enough is enough!
Change begins with YOU.
When working people come together, they make things better for everyone. Joining together in a union enables workers to negotiate for higher wages, better benefits and improve conditions in the workplace. If you’re feeling this way about your job, it’s likely your coworkers are, too!
What can UFCW Local 152 offer you?
A Better Life
Union workers typically have better benefits and more consistent schedules than non-union employees, allowing them to have better control of their lives. Safe and just workplaces are what is possible when we all stand together.
The average union worker makes a median salary 25% higher than a non-union employee doing the same work. This salary margin is even higher for African Americans and women, who earn 30% higher, and still higher for Latinos who earn nearly 45% more than their non-union counterparts.
Workers like you deserve a chance to have a say in decisions that will ultimately affect you and the services expected of you. You deserve a way to counter-balance the power of your employer. Unions like UFCW Local 152 allow workers to have that voice through negotiation of a fair contract.
When you are part of UFCW Local 152, you are part of a family of more than 14,000 hardworking people in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
Being part of our union family introduces many opportunities:
- Free College for members and family members. (Yes! Really!)
- Member-exclusive discounts to theme parks, auto, restaurants, movie tickets, gifts, and much more
- Local discounts to places like Six Flags Great Adventure, Morey’s Piers, and Adventure Aquarium
- Hardship Help: we have a program that helps only fellow UFCW Local 152 members in times of crisis
- Scholarships: we have our own scholarship program for members and dependents
- Free classes: Earn your GED or learn a new language at your own pace
Our newest members of UFCW Local 152 are the CNAs, Housekeeeprs, and Dietary Assistants from Barclays Center for Rehabilitation in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
Their first contract, a five-year agreement, introduces many new perks for our members that they would not have received without UFCW Local 152 representation. Perhaps most importantly, these members are no longer “at-will employees” and can only be disciplined or discharged for just cause. Next, seniority (length of service) now matters for times when these members bid on jobs, apply for overtime shift availability, accrue vacation time, etc. These new union members will now be provided with a $15,000 life insurance policy, have guaranteed wage increases every year for the life of this contract, and receive free uniforms (shirts and pants) – three things they would have never received if not for the ratification. Read more about Barclays first contract.