UFCW Union Goals
We work in front of customers and behind the scenes. Look for us stocking produce in a supermarket aisle, slicing a cut of beef before it is delivered to a grocery store, taking a child's temperature in a hospital, making the blue jeans your children wear to school or selling those jeans in a local department store. We are North America's Neighborhood Union-1.3 million members standing together to improve the lives and livelihoods of workers, families, and communities.
UFCW Local 152 is committed to improving the lives of its members by negotiating the strongest contracts in the industries we serve.
Your union membership entitles you to strong wages, equal opportunities, excellent benefits, the best possible working conditions, long-term job security and a pension that will allow you to retire in comfort. Our goal is to maintain and improve the standards in all of these aspects of your working life.
UFCW Local 152 is dedicated to improving the lives of all working people through a bold organizing program that brings new members into our union. We also participate actively in all levels of our democracy, from City Hall to the White House, to protect the middle class and to ensure that the priorities of government align with the priorities of working Americans.
In addition, UFCW Local 152 aims to provide quality service to all members, through expert representation in workplace and friendly assistance by our qualified office staff. We never forget that you are the reason for our existence.
For about a dollar a day, you get some or all of the following benefits:
- Wages that are 30-35 percent higher than non-union workers (Department of Labor statistics).
- Sick pay, personal holidays, and paid holidays.
- Time and one-half for over eight hours worked and time and one-half for Sunday work.
- Free (no employee contribution) health insurance in most agreements covering you and your family for both full-time and part-time workers.
- Guaranteed work hours for full-time workers and, in most contracts, for part-time workers.
- Pensions and/or 401K plans
- Representation, job security, and a voice in the workplace that is only a dream for non-union workers.